How To Test Your Water
Contact your County Health Department and determine if they perform tests for E.coli. If they do, obtain test kits and follow testing protocol. If your county does not test water for E.coli, testing bottles can be obtained at Tulsa City/County Health Department
- THD is located at 5051 South 129 E. Ave. Tulsa
- THD will also perform E.coli test for $26 Monday – Thursday
- $28 on Fridays
- THD provides tests results within 48 hours via e-mail or US Postal Service.
- Be sure to wear protective gear such as goggles and disposable rubber gloves.
- Do not break container seal until you are ready to collect sample.
- Open bottle, do not rinse or remove powder.
- Collect sample to fill line on side of bottle and replace cap tightly.
- Place sample in a plastic bag and keep on ice. Do not freeze.
- Complete paper work, including labeling bottle.
- Return test sample (along with paperwork) to testing lab within 4 hours of collecting.
- Pay at time of drop off.
- Results will be either e-mailed or sent via US Postal Service.